Houston Divorce Attorney
C. Eric Schmidt is a family law attorney with experience in three different types of divorces:
Flat Fee Uncontested Divorce
This is the easiest and cheapest type of divorce. We suggest that if you can come to an agreement with your spouse on the division of your property, that you consider this option first.
This method requires that your spouse agree to sign a Waiver of Service (which our office has CUSTOMIZED to protect his or her rights) and that your spouse will sign an Agreed Final Decree of Divorce.
If you have kids, you believe you will also be able to agree on Custody, Child Support, Visitation, Parental Rights & Duties, and Medical Support. Click here to learn more about the Flat Fee Uncontested Divorce.
The Collaborative Divorce process has been uniquely developed for people facing divorce who...
Your divorce is considered "contested' if one of the following circumstances is true:
1. Your spouse has already hired an attorney.
2. Your spouse has served you with a divorce petition by a process server.
3. Your spouse has set a Temporary Orders Hearing.
4. You and your spouse are fighting about custody of a child.
5. You are a victim of domestic violence and require injunctions or a protective order.
6. Your spouse refuses to provide you with financial support while your divorce is pending.
7. Your spouse refuses to allow you to visit with your child.
8. Child support is not being paid.
9. You or your children are without medical insurance.
10. Your spouse will not provide information needed to calculate child support or to divide community property, such as retirement benefits information or financial information concerning an ownership in a business.
While this is not an exhaustive list, it reflects many common issues inhibiting an uncontested case.
If we are able to help you resolve the issue(s) in contention, we may be able to proceed on a FLAT FEE basis.